Last Updated: 07/19/23
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a form, send us an email, sign up to receive our newsletter or other updates, request information, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include your name, contact information (such as email, address, and phone number), resume information (if applying for a job), LinkedIn profile, resume information, and other information you choose to provide.). To protect your personal information, users registering at the Site must also enter an e-mail address and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your credentials on our Site, and we strongly recommend that you do not disclose your account username or password or the information you use to access the Site to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or credentials or any other suspected breach of security. If you would prefer that we not collect any personally identifiable information from you, please do not provide us with any such information.
To use certain aspects of our services or make a donation, we may require credit or debit card account information or bank account information. By submitting such information through our Site, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with third party merchants, billing processors, and payment processors. These third parties may store your credit or debit card account information so you can use our services in the future. We do not have your complete credit or debit card account information, store your credit or debit card account information, or have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. While we require that such third party merchants, billing processors, and payment processors use reasonable procedures to help protect your credit or debit card information, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card account information or personal information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by us or our third-party service providers. We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels” or “clear GIFs”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site and send you confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the information you request;
- Respond to your emails, comments, questions, applications, and request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- Subject to your opt-out rights, send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various campaigns, candidates, issues, events, resources, promotions, and services;
- Contact you if other information is necessary to comply with applicable reporting requirements;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize and improve the Site and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests or that are based on the information you provide or the actions you take; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Zinc Collective is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Sites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With candidates, organizations, campaigns, groups or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals, including with other participants in a joint fundraising committee, if applicable, and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Zinc Collective, its employees, volunteers, constituents or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Zinc Collective; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Sites that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Sites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Sites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving updates and newsletters by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Site.
We implement various security measures in accordance with industry standards to protect the security of your personal information both online and offline.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits those customers that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to other parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at: 750 N San Vicente Blvd Ste 800W West Hollywood, CA 90069 .